January 26, 2019 @ 4:33 PM
#1 KINDLING IDEAS FOR WRITING
- How an idea that itches can start you writing.
- An idea you can’t get out of your head
- A metaphor that fascinates you
- A concept that gets you thinking
- These are the electrical charges, the can opener, and the thinking paths that can develop into a complex and compete story.
- Keep the idea/metaphor/concept idling in your consciousness
- Put them in gear and think on it whenever it asks for attention
- Let them squirm and move where they will as you follow them
- Start writing words and phrases that keep coming to mind
- Explore synonyms and related words
- Follow the related ideas that emerge
- TIP: Maintain the tension of the mental search * until ......... ...